Career Opportunity at Aarong
Aarong is one of the largest social enterprises of BRAC established in 1978 as retail chain that is making a significant contribution to the local economy through the creation of market linkage, entrepreneurs and employment opportunities. Aarong offers a fair price to the rural suppliers and artisans while introducing the products to urban markets where both demand and consumers’ willingness to pay the highest. Today, Aarong has transformed into a high surplus generating enterprise, operating as one of the largest lifestyle retailers in Bangladesh. Aarong invites applications for the following position:
General Manager, Finance & Accounts
Job Description / Responsibility
- Lead, co-ordinate and manage the overall financial management, business analysis, reporting control and a secure financial future of Aarong in line with the BRAC mission and values.
- Adopt various policies and procedures to effective run the finance & accounts department in line with organizational objectives.
- Establish financial control systems and monitor risk management policies and procedures to minimize risk of business.
- Forecast and review yearly budget preparation, post budget analysis, cash flow analysis, analytical review of financial statements and reporting.
- Avoid legal challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation; enforce accounting regulations; recommend new procedures, solve tax and VAT related issues.
- Maintain a high level of relationship with various authorities like NBR (Tax and VAT Commissioner, Superintendent and Inspectors), Bangladesh Bank & other Banks, Insurance Company, Labour and Shop Inspector, etc.
- Supervise for taking various licenses like trade license, foreign currency license, jewellary license, jute license, garments product license, Shop and Industrial license, VAT registration and renewal of same.
- Deal with corporate Gift Voucher sales, ensure the activation of voucher and realization of money and liaison with various Banks for various offers and promotions.
- Face external audit, internal audit, compliance audit of Bangladesh Bank, NBR (Tax and VAT) and other Legislation bodies.
- Lead and supervise Finance and Accounts team; providing guideline; training; performance analysis and assessment.
- M.COM with B.COM (Honors) in any reputed University.
- CA/ACCA certified
- 3rd division/class/CGPA below 2.0 in academic examinations will not be considered.
- 6-8 year experience in any FMCG/Garments/MNC sectors, at least 3 year experience as Head of Finance and Accounts.
Additional Job Requirements
- Knowledge of International Accounting Standard (IAS) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Sound knowledge on Accounting, Finance, Auditing, Tax, VAT, Treasury
- Practical knowledge on budget preparation, variance analysis and implementation of budget
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems
- Basic knowledge on business operations process
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Internal control system initialization, development & implementation
- Enterprise risk assessment
- Budgeting, forecasting & project analysis
- High level negotiation approach
Salary and Benefits: Negotiable
Job Location: Aarong Centre, Dhaka
If you feel you are the right match for above mentioned position, please send your CV to Human Resource Department, Aarong, Aarong Centre, 346, Tejgaon (I/A), Dhaka-1208 or apply electronically to email@example.com writing ‘Application for General Manager, Finance & Accounts’ at the subject line. Envelope should be marked at the top for the position applied. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: July 14, 2017