Mohammed Saef Ul Arifeen
- Bangladesh | Financial Services
Seasoned financial services executive and a leader with over 9 years experiences in Compliance, internal audit, Administration and operational risk management across giants in the banking industry. I believe in performance consistently exceeding objectives and stretch targets throughout my career. Strong communication and negotiation skills helped me to build stakeholders relationship including regulatory relationships while delivering high quality, risk focused and value added results. Leading by example, being optimistic toward life, achievement and goals, positive altitude, coaching and mentoring have always brought brilliant individual and collective results that made each moment of my career fulfilling Specialties in:
- Internal Control & Compliance, HR & Training
- Internal Audit & Operational Risk Management
- Treasury Operations, Global Markets Management
- Administration, Credit Services, Liability & Forex Management
– Present (9 months)Bangladesh
- Continuous Monitoring, Testing, Reporting & Training of Financial Crime Compliance;
- Country Oversight and assurance to Senior Management / Asia Pacific (Head Office) & Group;
- Leading the Financial Crime Compliance Monitoring & Testing (CMAT) Team in HSBC;
- Capacity building, training, development and capital budgeting.
- Enterprise-wide Compliance Risk Assessment and managing the Risk Appetite;
- Presentation to Management Committees i.e., Risk Management Committees, Steer Co.s etc.
- Stakeholder Management, Training & Development of HSBC staff ;
- Compliance Lead to Country GRC (Governance, Risk, Compliance) & Partnering with Asia Pacific
- Compliance teams located in different countries and regions globally.
- Issuance of Compliance Reports, QA of Audit reports and assurance to senior management.
- Regulatory Compliance with AML, CFT (Terrorist Financing), Sanctions obligations, Anti-Bribery and Corruption etc.
- Regional and Global Risk management reporting of Compliance Risks.
– (4 years 10 months)Bangladesh
Functional reporting to GroupAudit HSBC /under direct supervision of ASP & Int’l Audit, HSBC HongKong.
- Executed Internal Audits as per plan, policy & strategy approved by the Audit Committee and prepare timely Audit Reports for the Management, the Audit Committee and the Board of Directors of the Bank.
oPerformed more than 40 audits in areas of Financial Crime Compliance, Regulatory Compliance & Legal covering AML/CFT, Sanctions, Banking company acts & regulations, Anti-Bribery and corruption parameters.
- Performed more than 55 audits in the capacity of General Banking, Credit, Payments transparency, trade business, commercial business, Retail business, Treasury and Foreign Exchange. Bangladesh Bank Core Risk Management Guidelines were strictly adhered
- Performed more than 25 IT audits covering HSBC Technology & Services, all data recovery sites & Central Data Server at Hong Kong. Bangladesh Bank ICT guidelines were strictly adhered
- Performed more than 20 special investigations especially in the capacity of Fraud detection, ie, staff fraud, external fraud, Cyber security, physical and information security etc.
- Performed 3 major country risk governance audits since 2011 in association with Group Audit Asia Pacific and UK(Group Head Office). Joined multiple audits on Asia Pacific sites covering Compliance,operational Risk & Foreign Exchange.
- Addressed issues in the capacity of Risk, Legal, Compliance and other processes complying with the guidelines of Core Risk Management as set by Bangladesh Bank
- Carried out Risk Based Internal Audit of branches/divisions including IT audit as per IT policy of the Bank.
- Led audits on core global businesses and functions under HSBC Group specially in the area of General Banking, Credit, Foreign Exchange & AML/CFT.
- Training and development of the Internal Audit team in Bangladesh.
- Regular presentation to audit committee, senior risk management committees.
– (3 years 3 months)Bangladesh
Department: Treasury Operations
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintaining and closing Treasury Book of the bank.
- Regulatory (includes BAFEDA) reporting.
- Mid-office data management and reporting to senior management as well as to regional management (regional head office in Sri Lanka).
- Front office supervision and assistance to central finance.
- Core data management of Treasury Operations, includes but not limited to NOP maintenance, balance sheet management, corporate portfolio supervision etc.
Department: Credit Operations
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Quality Assessment of Credit Portfolio, including NGO, MNEs, Large Corporates etc.
- Corporate Credit rating review and CAMEL reporting
- CRISL reporting.
- Financial Data analysis, Loan classification review, Credit cards portfolio management.
Department: Liability Marketing & eBanking
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Customer Relationship with liability account holders.
- Liability Portfolio management, Regulatory Reporting as well as management reporting.
- Negotiation with NGO Affairs Bureau, relationship and team supervision.
- Electronic Banking team supervision and maintaining service excellence in eBanking.
Achieved EMBA degree with academic excellence and active participation in student activities during this period.